Covid-19 Updates: 13th Presidential Address
13th Presidential Adress on Covid-19 in sumary below;
- In case of any suspicion of covid-19 symptoms, one should not rush to the health Centre but rather call the taskforce.
- The government is studying the idea of allowing Ugandans who want to move out of Kampala and access free food.
- About 14 treatment centres set up to handle COVID-19 cases in the country at different regional referral hospitals. This is in addition to the collection centres.
- Schools won't open yet because of mass concentration. Some schools are day - the risks are too high.
- It will be mandatory for everyone outside his/her house to wear a mask. This because the virus rides on the droplets
- Public and Private cars still not allowed on the road. Only private cars with stickers to move. Buses and cycling to be used for categories reopening
- The 7.00pm to 6.30am curfew, ban on all gatherings, unauthorised and none essential private and mass transportation remain in place for the next 14 days
- Food markets will continue to operate
- Wholesalers to open but observe social distance rules
- Hardware shops to open
- Repair workshops and garages will open
- Metal/carpentry workshops open
- Insurance also opens
- Uganda Law society only allowed 30 lawyers at a time.
- Restaurants allowed to open – only take away services
- Warehouses open
Remember to wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Also, continue to follow WHO guidelines on social distancing, keep at least 4 meters from the individual nearest to you.
We will keep you informed of any updates in the national and WHO guidelines as and when they arise.
Stay home, Stay safe, Save lives!